; String Quilt Blocks | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

String Quilt Blocks


Work in progress :

String blocks
String blocks

Starting at 9 o'clock in the morning :

Sewing room
Sewing room

Cutting stripes :

Stripes
Stripes

Three hours later :

String blocks
25 blocks

I have done 25 blocks since I showed you the first one last saturday and I can say that
I really enjoy working on this project. It's so nice to assemble all those bright colors!
More blocks have to be sewn before reaching the size of a lap quilt. I hope I will show you
soon the finished top. Greetings.
Christine

15 comments:

  1. String quilts are always fun and yours is delightfully happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cheerful and happy! What a lovely, sunny sewing space you have. You've been making great progress, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, did you notice how quickly we progress when we are enthusiatic?

      Delete
  3. Your string fabrics are making a wonderful quilt, such a riot of color. You must be a fast sewer, it takes me forever to complete a few string blocks. The one I'm working on now is about half finished and I'm enjoying sewing the strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As a matter of fact I am a fast sewer when I enjoy the project.

      Delete
  4. I love the brightness of the blocks! What a fabulous way to use up scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anna, scrap quilts are my favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dit tu as mis le turbo depuis hier, Bravo il est magnifique, je n’imaginais pas bien le résultat, mais c'est très gai toutes ces couleurs et tres rapide !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci Christine, allez, lance toi, c'est tout simple! Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love string quilts and yours is fun and lively!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made a similar pattern quilt. Cut various lengths all different materials and sewed 4 right angles together. I remember have some scraps... I'm confused; why the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and use of paper piecing. The colors are so wow, love it!

    ReplyDelete