; Pink Blossoms | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pink Blossoms


Apricot blossom

This is the very first blossom I found this morning in my garden on the apricot tree... so incredibly beautiful!

Linen fabric

The freshness and the refinement of it reminded me of those fabrics I had bought two years ago in London, from one of my favorite shops in Chelsea : Cabbages and Roses.

Linen fabric

They are such lovely and fresh linens of such a nice quality! 

Linen fabric

At that time I had sewn with those fabrics three cushions that I put on my sofa at spring time. 
I am thinking now that I could sew some tea towels with the remains.

Linen cushions

This refined Limoges tea cup belonged to my mother. 

Tea cup

A beautiful book I read in my twenties.

Book and cushions

This is what I enjoy most : a nice cup of tea with a good book and peace around me!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely, and I am a bit jealous of all that sunshine! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, it's true that we are not missing sun here in Greece!

      Delete
  2. Well, today's temperatures broke above freezing for the first time in nearly three weeks, so we may get some flowers blossoming here at some point as well...after the piles of snow have melted! This has been the fifth snowiest winter ever in Chicago this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babis, I hope you see blossoms soon... otherwise come to Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Now I'm really wishing for spring... and a few fresh apricots on toast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, wherever you are I wish you a beautiful spring and congratulations on your engagement!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, it's nice to see some flowers growing outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I hove spring will come soon for you... Hugs!

      Delete