; The Queen Sister's Blanket | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Queen Sister's Blanket

The Crown Series

Granny Square

Fallen leaves

Fallen leaves

Greek Christmas biscuits

Giant Granny Square Progress

Here is the progress of my giant granny square blanket, as promised yesterday. As I said in my previous post,  I found my inspiration watching the Netflix last season of The Crown series. It was interesting and quite astonishing to see such a blanket in the living room of the sister's queen : a whimsy touch in a classical traditional decor I guess, in accordance with the unconventional personality of the sister's queen.

I wish I could progress more in my crochet but I had other priorities, such as housework and garden duties : gathering the fallen leaves in the front garden, and then welcoming my grand children. We shall start soon baking cookies!

In the last picture my crochet square is displayed on the first quilt I made, an Eight Point Star pattern.

You can buy this blanket from my Etsy shop : pochonsEtcomptines

My new Etsy shop : yayaCousette

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! Your crochet project looks so pretty against your quilt! Enjoy your time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of a giant crocheted granny square! Mum was a whizz at that and I never had her teach me, wish I had now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. read what is your post I have liked it very much I am very happy that you have given this kind of information which is not being found anywhere else and you have told it very well I have also written a similar post and one I have written a good post, the website name is Majda Shopping You can also go to it and see what kind of information I have given which is for everyone be good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post about "The Queen Sisters' Blanket." Your storytelling and the connection to your quilting journey are truly heartwarming.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  6. The passion you have for your craft shines through in your words and, undoubtedly, in the beautiful quilts you create.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Fantastic blog post! Your insights are truly enlightening and provide a fresh perspective on the topic. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and making complex ideas so accessible!"
    vickie lynn swayze

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Your blog not only informs but also empowers. I appreciate how you not only share knowledge but also encourage readers to take action and apply what they've learned. It's a rare and valuable combination that sets your blog apart."
    dicks military discounts

    ReplyDelete