; Antique Doll Quilt and Bunny | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Antique Doll Quilt and Bunny


Antique doll quilt
Detail

Today I will show you the second antique doll quilt from the batch, previously shown in this post,
that I received in London last month.

Antique doll quilt

I think that brown, beige and pink are perfectly matching colors, one of my favorite antique fabrics blends.

antique doll quilt

Nice white and blue calicot and nice hand quilting.

Beatrix Potter book
Books

I am a great fan of Beatrix Potter art, and those little books are remains from my childhood.

Batrix Potter books
Books

For those who may be interested in Beatrix Potter art and life, I recommend this excellent film : Miss Potter, with Renee Zellweger in the role of Beatrix Potter. I was so delighted when I first saw this film, that I watched it again and again... This is one of my best films ever!

Peter Rabbit
Peter Rabbit

My little porcelain bunny.

Have a beautiful creative day!
Christine


11 comments:

  1. I love your wee quilt...SCORE!! Also I was thinking of these books this weekend....wondering what happened to my childhood collection? I will have to keep a look out for more of these books as they are just too sweet and are a must share for up and coming grand kids....(if ever...hahah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little quilt is so adorable! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post. Thank you for sharing. I adore this little blanket; the simplicity of the pattern and fabric both. And Beatrix Potter books...what a treasure. I covet! I love her art and the stories. I just found you and am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comme j'aime ces petits doll quilts ! Il est ravissant , délicieux mélange de couleur ! Merci Christine de nous montrer vos trésors !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine! Lovely little quilt and I love Beatix Potter and her bunnies, too! I have seen that film and it's one of my favourites. I have lovely memories with it, because when watching it First time, I was cutting squares for my First quilts! Your pink little quilt is beautiful and I'm looking for to see what you do with your Kaffe Fassett's Fabrics. I have a Special bundle of Kaffe's and haven't decide yet the pattern. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful , just love pink and brown together. another wonderful antique quilt you added to your collection.
    hoping you add lots more over the years!
    thanks so much for sharing with us and Beatrix Potter and the bunnies were some of the favorite stories I love to read to my children when they were little, thanks for the memories that just came flooding back
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. another stunning doll quilt. Great pictures too. you are talented with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable doll quilt. I have a wonderful book about Beatrix Potter's life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made that quilt and the film is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful treasures and a lovely mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete