; Antique Doll Quilt | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Monday, April 07, 2014

Antique Doll Quilt


Antique doll quilt
Antique doll quilt

Today I decided to lay my little quilts and to take pictures to share them with you. This is the first one of the batch I received, and I think it is my favorite one because of its very naive look. I don't know, but it gives me the impression that it was done by a little girl with the scraps of her mother.


Antique doll quilt

I love those fabrics and the pink knots.

Vintage sewing machine
Vintage sewing machine

I decorated this corner of my room with a vintage child sewing machine presented on the doll quilt.

Antique doll quilt

Here you can see more details and the backing in a lovely grey flannel.

Have a good week everybody!
Christine

3 comments:

  1. A magic world for little girls and their dolls...very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post last week!! But I agree....I can imagine a little girl se wing aside her mother...maybe even using a tiny machine of her own!! smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so my piece of cake. Beautiful doll quilt, inspiring colors and the pictures with the sewing machine are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete