; String Quilt Binding | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Sunday, July 27, 2014

String Quilt Binding


My String quilt is back from Eleni's, who again did a beautiful quilting!


It's now time to prepare it for binding. As I have added a neutral beige sashing, I thought that a busy binding, recalling a fabric I used in several blocks, would be fine.


I trim the sides.


The binding is done and I will sew it as explained in MY TUTORIAL.


For the back of the quilt, as usual, I will hand sew the binding, as explained in my other TUTORIAL .


Listening to music, I relax and I sew, really enjoying this phase of the whole quilting.


Almost finished!


I think I like it!

Enjoy your Sunday stitches!
Christine

13 comments:

  1. Encore une oeuvre d'achevee !! la bordure est parfaitement adaptee au top , le quilting est super, les couleurs sont trop gaies...heureuse et chanceuse la proprietaire de ce joli patch !! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect fabric for binding your quilt. I love stripes bindings and this one is so pretty. Great job and congrats on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the binding, and your photos are beautiful! We loved the cherry recipe and gobbled it up too quickly! Thanks for sharing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beige sashing is a stroke of genius for your string quilt Christine! the binding you chose is great and I just LOVE the whole quilt! Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scrappy quilt. I love scraps the best of all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect binding...I love the way you have a border of white before the binding!! Very dramatic!! LOVE this quilt!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello firs time here ,your string quilt is awesome, especially on that wonderful chunky wooden dinning room set. The quilt would look so good hanging behind your buffet !! It brings the wood out..Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent choices for the border and the binding! Congratulations on a finish. I love this scrappy quilt! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your choice of fabric for your border. Yes, I think it needed to be dramatic and stand out. It is just perfect. Love all your photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merci maman pou ce si beau cadeau!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great string quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. truly beautiful, really! My love of scraps is completely satisfied in this quilt; however, I am seeing flying geese in the baby quilt in your newer post, and they are drawing me also. Whew, never enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt! Love all of the color!

    ReplyDelete