; Embroided Pincushion | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Embroided Pincushion



Embroided pincushion
Pincushion


This is not quilting, but I was feeling like showing one of my pincushions that I re-discovered after putting order in my studio. I think that this embroidery was meant to be a big one (I don't remember what exactly) but it remained at the size of a pincushion!! I suppose the work of cross-stitching on a raw piece of old linen was tedious and backbreaking, and it discouraged me from going further!


Embroided pincushion
Pincushion & Spools



Embroided pincushion
Embroidery detail

Greetings.
Christine

8 comments:

  1. C'est tout de même très joli !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried cross stitching after many years and decided my eyes are not what they used to be! Your pin cushion is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. I did a lot of cross stitch until about two years ago that I finished an alphabet on very thin dark linen, and I understood my eyes were getting tired!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorites. Just love the vintage look of it...don't know if I 'd be able to stick pins in it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really too pretty to stick pins into. I love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use a small embroidery piece and show off your skill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you remade this into something beautiful AND useful!

    ReplyDelete