; Arts and Crafts Exhibition | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Arts and Crafts Exhibition


Pottery
Celadon dish


Potteries

In my last post I showed you a quilt exhibition. Here is a pottery exhibition I visited as well last saturday,
in the workshop of the artist.
It is not patchwork or quilting but, as I know all quilters have a certain feeeling for art, I decided to share
with you those art objects I admire.

Potteries

I was very impressed by the sense of harmony of the artist. The lines are pure and simple, modern though with an archaic inspiration.  

Potteries

The disposal is refined and smart. You can see red painted eggs : it is the tradition in the orthodoxe
religion to paint eggs for Easter.

Potteries

The inside color of the dishes, on the lower shelf, is a refined celadon. Some items are blue or grey.

Potteries

Inside those ecru dishes runs a very thin rope, red or blue.

Silver jewels

Our friend Chantal was as well exhibiting her wonderful hand made silver jewels.

Silver jewels

Another successful exhibiton!
Thanks to the artists!

Christine

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, these are all beautiful exhibitions that I could only see thanks to you! I really enjoy what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely exhibit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and I, who really like the brightly colored bowls and such, did find this exhibit really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend's jewelry is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photographs are great. I like the bowls. Thank you for showing us this. Also, all sorts of objects can start a creative train of thought.

    ReplyDelete