; Country Knitted Large Shawl | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Friday, November 24, 2017

Country Knitted Large Shawl

Country knitted shawl

Country knitted shawl

Country knitted shawl

Hi everyone, sorry for being absent for so long from the blog. The fact is that since my accident last February I could not yet sew or quilt because of back pains. The only thing I could do was knitting a little, sitting straight in my armchair. Thus my shawl is the only thing I have to show lately. I already posted before a green shawl the same style, and a tutorial.

For this last shawl I decided not to crochet the border, to give it a more rural style, and I am very pleased with its final look. The result is exactly as expected. (It doesn't often happen!).

I used a wonderful natural and soft yarn : Fonty Fado 662 (9 skeins for the shawl and 1 for the fringes), that I knitted with needles no 5 (French).

I hope that my next post will be relative to quilting as since a long time I have in mind a project that I am so eager to start!...

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. It's wonderful to see you posting again. I hope you are healing well and quickly.
    mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is really beautiful. I can almost feel its soft texture. I hope your back pain is getting better every day. I know it can be frustrating to have ideas that you cannot complete. It's nice to see you on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you again. I'm sorry you're dealing with back pain; that is not fun at all. Your shawl is just lovely. I can't knit much, but I do enjoy seeing things that others make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vraiment très beau ce châle ! Il donne envie de s’y envelopper et de ne plus bouger de la maison. Il a l’air si accueillant et si douillet ! Parfait pour le cocooning

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'espère que tu vas mieux !
    Ton châle est super beau !! Il faudrait bien qu'un jour je me lance moi-aussi ! :)
    Grosses bises et bon WE Christine !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is just beautiful. So sorry you are still suffering with your back. I will be sure and keep you in my prayers. Always enjoy hearing from you and seeing your beautiful pictures and handmade things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're blogging again, Christine, and hope that you are feeling better. And I like the shawl! The color is perfect and it looks warm and just right for these chilly autumn evenings.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete