; A Dream of a Poncho | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Sunday, May 01, 2016

A Dream of a Poncho

 Poncho

Poncho

Poncho

Poncho

Poncho

I knitted this poncho last month in three days. It was so quick and easy! The pattern is created by my sister, reproducing an old poncho bought years ago in Peru and completely damaged by wearing it for so long. 

I used 100 g of Drops Melody with number 12 circular needles. I finished it with a crochet row all around and one pompom at each corner.

I am so happy with it, it keeps me warm in the evenings. Though spring is here, the evenings are still
very fresh... This poncho is so pleasant to wear, light like a feather and so warm!

14 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Christine! I am looking at poncho patterns to knit now too. I either don't have enough yarn or the correct weight yarn for the patterns that I have found. Hoping to find the right one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely and light to wear, good that it knits up quick. Haven't done any knitting with a circular needle yet but they say it's easy.p;['''''''''''''''''''''uj7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous poncho! It looks so light and airy, but warm too. I can't believe you knit it in three days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks light and fluffy like a cloud, just wonderful. I'm sure it's beautiful on you!



    ReplyDelete
  5. Il a l'air très doux et très chaud.... J'adore !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poncho looks cozy. I love the neutral backgrounds in your photos. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you look lovely wearing it, Christine. It is so pretty and soft.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poncho looks so very warm and cozy. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming poncho! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful poncho, and so practical - a perfect pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful poncho, and so practical - a perfect pattern!

    ReplyDelete