; Bicolor Alpaca Poncho | Quilting Stories Quilting Tutorials and Discussions

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Bicolor Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Alpaca Poncho

Searching in my stash of wool I found four alpaca yarns : three light blue and one beige.
I had them since a long time but could not find a way to use them until last week came to me the idea of knitting a poncho. The yarn is very thin but I decided to use needles 6mm for a soft and light touch. As I could not find a suitable pattern I thought of making it very simple in garter stitch, which is my favorite stitch recently. It is a simple rectangle with a neck hole in the middle. 

I am not sure if the final result will be ok...

The cute woolen sheep comes from Uruguay!

11 comments:

  1. Mais moi je suis certaine que le résultat sera à la hauteur de ton talent !!
    J'adore le petit mouton !! Trop mimi !!
    Bonne après-midi Christine !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so soft! I love that cute sheep too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so soft, I can almost feel it in my fingers. I have purchased knit poncho, just solid dark gray. I feel so chic every time I wear it. I think a hand-knit one will be wonderful! It's so nice to finally find a way to use those things that have been waiting. Your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sheep, aww, and that YARN. Gorgeous. You knit stuff so fast Christine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft pretty colors! Please model it for us when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be so soft and warm. I think it will make a great poncho. I like the way the garter stitch is looking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn is beautiful. I just wanted to reach into the picture and run my fingers over it!

    ReplyDelete